- Doris Chase, mother of 12-year-old Yakim McDaniels, who was killed by a roll-up gate near his apartment complex on Lott Ave. in East New York, surrounded by greiveing family and comforted by Rep. Charles Barron.
NYPD officers Jamie Walters (front) and Keith O'Palick look for their designated bus as they prepare to leave for New Orleans.
70 MTA buses, 140 MTA drivers and 150 NYPD officers left 1 Police Plaza Saturday morning, September 3, 2005, to aid in evacuation of Hurricane Katrina victims in New Orleans.
Approximately 200 firefighters worked to extinguish a 5-alarm blaze early Saturday Jan. 4, 2014 at Marly Building Supply near the north end of Meeker Ave. in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
- Large bursts of fireworks over the Hudson River make for a striking scene behind the Midtown Manhattan skyline , July 4, 2011.
Over 400 boys and girls ages 6-13 showed up to make the August 12th audition for the Knicks City Kids at Madison Square Garden the largest ever in the10-year history of the program. The 16 kids who made the final cut will perform dance routines during weekend and holiday games for the entire upcoming season.
Drew Jenkins, 13, of Montclair, New Jersey, gave his full effort to a tricky move during the second round of auditions.
- "I can't do this no more, enough, enough, enough", Cynthia Gomillion declared as she stood in the ruins of her former home. She still pays rent on her Flatbush, Brooklyn apartment nearly six months after a fire gutted the two bedroom unit even though it remains in complete disrepair and she lives at the YMCA.
- A woman waits for a city bus to get mvoing again while stopped at a light during the heavy rain that hit Wednesday evening, July 18, 2012.
- Club goers crowd the bar at 809 Lounge in Washington Heights as the popular neighborhood nightlife spot fills up around midnight Saturday, April 5, 2010 .
- Bells rang throughout Sandy Hook's business district at 9:30 Friday morning, Dec. 21, 2012 as the small town marked exactly one week since the shooting rampage at its elementary school.
Chaos erupted Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at Brooklyn Supreme Court when two defendants in a trial for the rape and kidnapping of a young woman tried to attack a court officer and grab his gun during the trial.
Just afterwards, outside the courtroom, Elle Carmichael (c.), mother of victim Ramona Moore, who had just testified, wept hysterically.
- The Rev. Jesse Jackson (2nd left) and singer Patti LaBelle (in yellow) listen as Stevie Wonder sings during funeral services for Luther Vandross at the Riverside Church on the upper West Side. The R&B legend, who suffered a stroke in 2003, died at a New Jersey hospital the week prior at age 54.
- Family and loved ones of Ronald Anthony Wallace, Jr, gathered Friday morning, August 31, 2012 at Universal Temple Church of God in Brownsvill, Brooklyn to pay their respects to the 13-year-old who was fatally shot on August 24 as he walked with friends to a restaurant in his Brownsville neighborhood.